Thursday, May 23, 2013

Teacher of the Year

It's the end of May and I can hardly believe it because the weather here in Sheboygan is just NOT cooperating.  In a matter of weeks the kids will be gone from the classrooms and hallways.  Leaving behind the warriors of education to dismantle another year of excitement alone.  In the quiet of the rooms the chalkboards will be wiped down one last time before summer, the floors swept or vacuumed, desks rearranged and books stacked.  In some schools the world will be even more hectic.  As we wish a sad and solemn "Goodbye"  to Washington school forever, and we wish ESAA "Good Luck" as those Teachers pack.  Then move across town to their new home at Pigeon River.  While some of our Teachers will be moved from Washington to other schools, we wish them all well in this process.

Teachers are the backbone of our students energy and excitement.  They not only educate but engage and encourage the 3 E's the GameBoard lives by.  This year as we round that corner to summer we ask all our students to think back fondly on that Teacher that really touched their heart.  You know the one who carried you through.  Who asked you all the right questions and kept you enthralled.  WE all have them...sometimes we forget to say "Thanks" but they are still there anyways.  They LOVE to Teach, they ask little in return but for you to try your best.

I had such a Teacher her name is Marjorie Sterrett. She was my 2nd grade Teacher and for those of you doing the math, she had her 92nd Birthday last week.  YES you read that right and I could write it because she helped me to learn how. 92.....and ladies and gentlemen still sharp as a tack!  I was a lucky kid I had many more awesome Teachers along my journey many I have kept as a mentor and friend.  One even married into my family, giving my sister a wonderful husband, that's how lucky I am.

I know that all my customers have stories like these of Teachers that they LOVE!  so now it's your turn...don't put away your pencils yet.  Send us an email, or drop us a note and tell me the name of your favorite Teacher and a sentence of why.  Send them to thegameboard@sbcglobal.net  subject: Teacher of the Year.  Send it before June 7th and make sure your friends and family speak up too!

We want the Teachers to know how much they are loved and on my future blog we will list all the nominees and who nominated them.

I'm going to start this off:  I, Lynn Potyen, do nominate Marjorie Sterrett, as my Teacher of the Year.  Teacher of my Lifetime, because she didn't stop teaching me 39 years ago....Thanks Mrs Sterrett, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment